Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hubby Got Me Hooked...

... and he may be regretting that every day.

Of course, it started very innocently enough.

Hubs discovered Ghajini and kept raving and raving about it. I'd listen to him, smile indulgently, and then go back to my TV series.

Because he was bowled over by Aamir Khan, he Googled him and found 3 Idiots. He raved and raved and raved again until finally, he sat me down one Saturday afternoon and made me watch.

Of course, I fell in love.

But more than the movie (which is still my all-time fave), I fell in love with the lyrics of the songs and the fact that the actors were really great! Before, I thought of Bollywood as severely noisy, gold-y and dance-y and therefore not for me.

Fast forward to two years. I have a Bollywood song play list, which my sons know. In fact, they even said we should have played them instead at their birthday party instead of the 80's hits we used as background music. My sons will do anything and everything just to watch Bollywood item songs. The only actors they can name are Bollywood ones (even i they have yet to watch a full-length film). My eldest has even undertaken the task of memorizing all the celebs that appeared in Deewangi.

My sons are like that because I play the songs every day.

And I have gotten to the point wherein I am not used to watching movies without subtitles... or seeing onscreen kiss. Haha.

I am Bollyhooked and still in love!

(and by the way, I used Amritsar as background for this blog because of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi)

No comments:

Post a Comment